Wireless Networks Association   Σύνδεσμος Ασυρμάτων Δικτύων   [ Θέλουμε το σήμα μας να φτάσει παντού! Βάλτε από τώρα το στίγμα σας στο Χάρτη κάλυψης δικτύων, και αφήστε σε εμάς όλα τα υπόλοιπα! ]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Ψήφοι - 5 Average
Bringing internet access to the people who need it most
» from my personal blog
13-02-2011, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-02-2011, 09:10 PM {2} by stargazer.)
Bringing internet access to the people who need it most
I like people with dreams and great ideas.
I really like people who try hard to make their dreams come true.
Every once in a while that I find out an interesting project that I could participate or help it evolve, I support it.

Especially if this comes from a Greek person!

Kostas Grammatis, believes passionately that access to information is a human right and founded ahumanright.org to pursue his vision of a connected world.

26.5% of the world has Internet access today. This can and should change.

Please take some minutes of your time to watch his speach at TEDx Athens 2010.

In a few words, one of his ideas is to be able to provide Internet access to everyone in the world for FREE, even a small bandwidth and an SMS service. Other people that have more bandwidth needs, they will pay for more advanced services.

The main target is... to Buy A Sattelite! (yes, that's right).
A company named TerreStar, the owner of the world's most capable communication satellite just went bankrupt. So Kosta's team are fundraising to buy it,
and move it over a place that people really need it in order to connect millions of people who will turn access into opportunity.

Nothing is imposible!

So please spread the word, visit:
http://buythissatellite.org/
an donate!

Source: (from my personal blog)
Ασύρματα δίκτυα: Πρόκειται για σημεία πρόσβασης τεχνολογιών WiFi, ενωμένα συνήθως σε ένα ενιαίο δίκτυο που παρέχει υπηρεσίες παραπλήσιες με αυτές του Internet, με μεγαλύτερες όμως ταχύτητες και χωρίς χρέωση. Πάνω από όλα όμως πρόκειται για ομάδες ανθρώπων ενωμένες στο ίδιο δίκτυο (Ασύρματη κοινότητα) που μοιράζονται το χόμπυ τους για την τεχνολογία. Το ασύρματο αυτό δια-δίκτυο βασίζεται στην ομαδικότητα, στον εθελοντισμό και στην προσφορά
Πείτε το στους φίλους σας!

Πιθανά Σχετικά Θέματα...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FCC Opens 3.5 GHz for Shared Access admin 0 1,839 24-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Last Post: admin
  Drones Target SIM Cards, Not People? admin 0 1,549 11-02-2014, 02:44 AM
  35 NYC Subway Stops Get Wireless Access admin 0 3,325 01-02-2014, 11:56 PM